In a market saturated with "IT service providers" - Ortman Consulting works differently.
Started in 2008, Ortman Consulting's takes information technology systems as just one part of the overall solution to accomplish a mission. Equally important is the proper integration of people and business processes with IT. Only then can new technology investments be properly leveraged and lead to greater mission success - be it higher productivity, or achieving important civic and national security responsibilities.
By taking a broader view of IT systems, we help managers and leaders make smart decisions on what, where, and how to upgrade and enhance their information systems while controlling the influences coming from inside and outside the organization calling for "more"
- More packaged and custom software being sold as a "fix" for an organizational problem
- More demand from employees and customers for greater diversity of IT services
- More threats requiring greater security for new and legacy data and systems
- More insistence from leadership to cut costs of IT operations and maintenance
- More competing and overlapping systems, platforms and IT solutions all claiming to be the best
- More risk averse management when it comes to investing in large IT projects
Most IT service providers focus on technology for technology's sake. Their business model focuses on "more IT". Ortman Consulting blends the best of strategy consulting (highly custom, insightful, rigorous, trustworthy) with the best of IT systems engineering (cost effective, data rich, process-oriented, analytical) to provide our customers with effective, integrated and successful IT systems to support to their most important mission objectives.
Ortman Consulting is headquartered in Washington, DC, and is a service disabled veteran owned small business. Our people have strong technical backgrounds with a focus on system engineering rigor and security awareness. Most have broadened their work in customer-facing fields such as consulting and business management. Our strength is building cross-functional, customer/mission-driven teams of IT software providers, business managers and end-users to design and deliver integrated solutions.